Next step in the project: get a databaseconnection to store / retrieve the data. Didn't go as smoothly as planned. The following short post is simply a reminder for future reference. Comments are welcome!
Read the Qt Documentation, install the Qt Sourc, read the QtCentre information.
Steps to compile the Qt MySQL Driver on a Debian platform
- go to the folder QtSDK/QtSources/4.7.3/src/sql/drivers/mysql/
- edit the file qsql_mysql.h and change the "#include <mysql.h>" into "#include </usr/include/mysql/mysql.h>"
- go to the folder QtSDK/QtSources/4.7.3/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql/
- run qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/include" "LIBS+=-L/usr/local/lib -lmysqlclient_r" mysql.pro as stated in the Qt Documentation.
- run make
- if /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so already exist, make a backup
- run sudo make install
Download MySQL Connector/C++ here or use the sudo apt-get.
Steps to compile the Qt MySQL Driver on a Win32- platform
(work in progress)